Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flower Power

The flowers weren't powering us, exactly. But it did seem to put an extra spring (ha!) into our pedals to have the sides of the local trail smothered with raucous color bursting from a veritable profusion of wildflowers.

We've been focusing on the flowers since the first blooms of spring, but this evening ride was almost overwhelming. Trina was squealing with delight, and I kept falling off my bike to take pictures.

Claret cup cactus, globe mallow, desert four-'o-clock, cliff fendlerbush, paintbrush, wild onion, mormon tea, sego lily, scarlet gilia, milkvetch, primrose, peppeprgrass, larkspur, penstemon, chicory, daisy, clover, mustard, phlox, and more I don't know the names of.

Orange, red, lavender, purple, yellow, blue, white, pink... All spattered around all over the place.

Also, we rode with another friend and with Trina's brother, who has a tendency to fly through the air now and then. Good flower-filled ride. A capper of a sunset. And the parking lot was filled with other rider friends chilling out after their own rides.

It's a good place to be!

--Greg
From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

From 2010 Spring

3 comments:

  1. You take some of the most gorgeous pictures! I love seeing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot Colorado has so many wonderful wildflowers. you take such awesome pics. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your wildflower pictures. When I visited Gayl this past summer, my camera was broken and I was so bummed. There were so many wildflowers and I wanted to capture each one. That's the last time I go to Colorado without a good camera!

    This is a great website you have. For people like me who will never be able to venture into the areas you bike, I love being able to travel there in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete